Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding hyperlinks in drawings

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see the ability to add hyperlinks inside drawings.

Here is the scenario.

I made an Onshape document that contains tabs of documents that pertain to the manufacturing process (weld procedures, quality documents, etc.). These are our company specific documents that need to travel with drawings through the mfg process. Not every job has the same documentation so I would want to only add the hyperlink to a document as it pertains to the job.

Instead of having to add these documents to every Onshape document that I create I would like to place a hyperlink in the drawing that when clicked on, it automatically directs you to the Onshape company document that contains the document (weld procedure, quality, etc.)you need. 

This way I upload the company specific documents one time to a central location Onshape document and only have to add the hyperlink to all future drawings to direct you to this page as needed.

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments