Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Ok, what is happening

David_LaPointDavid_LaPoint Member Posts: 10
edited March 2018 in Drawings
You know, I just don't understand why this program can't do simple math.  240+120+120+180+180+180+180+240=1440, right??? Well apparently not, because for 3 hours I've been trying to convince this program to accept simple rectangles fitting into another rectangle. I mean come on, i think your program is WAY too picky when it comes to this kinda stuff.  why does it take three hours to get nowhere with your program. I've spent a total of over 200 on it and I can't put rectangles into other rectangles without them breaking. thats dumb

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6e19c49a358673dc32259c23/w/76595a084954b0d180c0e68a/e/0de80314c59f121722fb5554

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    @David_LaPoint there is a lot going on in this sketch. You have equal constraints and dimensions that are conflicting. Try removing some of them.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @David_LaPoint

OS is doing a pretty good job in showing that there are problems.  You have driving (black) , driven (grey) and conflicting (red) dimensions going on there. 

Similar deal on the lines.  Constrained (black), unconstrained (blue) and conflicting (red).

As you say its a simple sketch so the good news is once you're up to speed that'll only take a few minutes tops to draw.

Shout if you have questions :)

Cheers,

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd