Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

SIMSOLID Cloud now has hinge constraints, bearing loads and gravity loads

KenWelchKenWelch Member, Developers Posts: 22 PRO
The latest release of SIMSOLID Cloud now supports hinge constraints, bearing loads and gravity loads.

Hinge supports allow a part to freely rotate about the center-line of a cylindrical face but constrains movement in both the radial and axial directions. 

Bearing loads are nonuniform pressure loads applied to a region of a cylindrical face. They are defined by a direction and spread angle (10 – 180 degrees). The cylindrical faces may be concave or convex. The selected point on the cylindrical face will indicate the initial load direction. The bearing load can be further adjusted by using the Load direction and the Spread angle sliders. 

Get more information on SIMSOLID Cloud here in the App store.
SVP & Co-founder SimSolid  |  Altair Engineering Inc.
twitter: @ken_welch  |  web: www.altair.com/simsolid
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    That's great Ken. I haven't thrown my hat into the ring yet but will as soon as I have a project.

If you have hinge supports does that mean now you can do pin joints?
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977