Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Animation in assembly.

chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
I have designed an assembly, when i went to have a look on its animation it is showing that "unable compute any steps for this animation. unable apply transform,instances may be contained". how i have to solve this problem some one help me 

Best Answer

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    The link you shared is view only, so I can't copy and correct the assembly. However, from what I can see it looks like your assembly is completely fixed. First, a summary of your mates since you didn't really supply much information:

Fixed - Swash Plate & Assembly(center shaft)
    Cylindrical1 - Swash Plate to Part1-1 (should be slider)
    Revolute1 - Part1-1(slide ring) to Part1-2(twist handle)
    Fastened1 - Part1-1(slide ring) to Assembly(center shaft)
    Revolute2 - Part1-2(twist handle) to Part1-3(linkage)
    Cylindrical2 - Part1-3(linkage) to Swash Plate

I'm guessing you want to animate Revolute1 so that the Swash Plate goes up and down? If that's the case, I see at least a couple problems. First, Part1 subcomponent of the Swash Plate Assy is fixed, so your assy is not going to move. Second, Cylindral1 should be a slider mate. The swash plate doesn't actually rotate. It only moves up and down because the linkage joints are rotational joints, not ball joints. Third, try to minimize how much "chaining" you do with your mates. Try to keep everything mated to a central grounded part (i.e. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 instead of 1-2, 2-3, 3-4). Instead of adding a slider mate between the swash plate and Part1-1(slide ring), add it between the swash plate and central Assembly shaft. Hope that helps.

Answers

You're more likely to get help if you supply a link to your document. Otherwise, your post doesn't have much information to work off of.
  • chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
    ok sir this is the link in this i have initially fixed one carrier and one ring gear that time animation was good. after that when i tried to fix lower swash(blue colour one with four set of arms ) it is showing me the error

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bc177fd8ca48ee0e5fac049b/w/762679add375f78789a03eee/e/fffeb922bb1554822758fac4
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    The link you shared is view only, so I can't copy and correct the assembly. However, from what I can see it looks like your assembly is completely fixed. First, a summary of your mates since you didn't really supply much information:

Fixed - Swash Plate & Assembly(center shaft)
    Cylindrical1 - Swash Plate to Part1-1 (should be slider)
    Revolute1 - Part1-1(slide ring) to Part1-2(twist handle)
    Fastened1 - Part1-1(slide ring) to Assembly(center shaft)
    Revolute2 - Part1-2(twist handle) to Part1-3(linkage)
    Cylindrical2 - Part1-3(linkage) to Swash Plate

I'm guessing you want to animate Revolute1 so that the Swash Plate goes up and down? If that's the case, I see at least a couple problems. First, Part1 subcomponent of the Swash Plate Assy is fixed, so your assy is not going to move. Second, Cylindral1 should be a slider mate. The swash plate doesn't actually rotate. It only moves up and down because the linkage joints are rotational joints, not ball joints. Third, try to minimize how much "chaining" you do with your mates. Try to keep everything mated to a central grounded part (i.e. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 instead of 1-2, 2-3, 3-4). Instead of adding a slider mate between the swash plate and Part1-1(slide ring), add it between the swash plate and central Assembly shaft. Hope that helps.

• devrim_kaydudevrim_kaydu Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Yorumunuzu yazın
  • devrim_kaydudevrim_kaydu Member Posts: 2 EDU
    yaptığım çizim ınch sistemi ile tasarım yapabiliryorum milimetreyi nereden bulabilirim

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308