Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to share one part to 2 revolute mates?

I am not sure if i have formed question properly, but i will try to show on example:

If you see, the middle green part could be moved together with blue one while rotating it. Also it could be moved by rotating purple if green are in properly (centered) position.
Any ideas how to solve this? Which mate types i should use? And is it possible to do this with onshape at all?

Thanks!

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I don't think you can solve this with a solution that satisfies rotations of the green with the blue and green with the purple and interchanging of the yellow, green and peach colored parts.  For this to work as per the real-life solution you would need some kind of boundary which allows for parts to interchange and only rotate when it is positioned as shown, this is not how the current mate system works. 

It would be easy to get one side of the system to work with a group mate of the yellow, blue and green, and a  revolute mate on the blue to the grey part. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977