Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Significant digits

dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
Hi everyone. I seem to be having trouble changing significant digits on drawing dimensions. The option is there, but when I try to increase, the dimension itself does not change at all. Perhaps a bug? 

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you changing the setting on the dimension itself or in the drawing options? If the dimension is not using the default drawing setting, then changing the drawing setting will have no effect. Either set the dimension to use the drawing default, or manually change the setting on the dimension itself.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    This is what @mahir is talking about:

• Options
    dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Hi all. Tried this. Adjusting the drawing's overall settings with the wrench seems to work for a few dimensions, but not the ones I want. It seems that Onshape is designed to not add a trailing decimal number if it does not actually change the number, i.e. adding another zero, but that's exactly what I am trying to get it to do. 
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If you look above, in the lower right of @john_mcclary's pic there is a setting for "Length trailing zeros". Make sure it is checked.