Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

sheet metal couldn't Union to a part.

dragon_chen_dragondragon_chen_dragon Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Comments

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    My first guess is that you have to finish the sheet metal part to boolean. In the sheet metal toolbar, the symbol on the far right is finish sheet metal model
  • bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    I agree with @michael_mcclain. If you are trying to retain it as sheet metal component you will have to add a bend between the two edges you want to join, not use the boolean feature.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• dragon_chen_dragondragon_chen_dragon Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I try to finish the sheet metal part to boolean.Doesn't working.I just want to combine sheet metal.get one part number.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @dragon_chen_dragon - did you "finish" both sheet metal parts? Do they physically intersect? If they are really a subassembly, then you should add them to an assembly to have them appear as 1 item in the BOM.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • dragon_chen_dragondragon_chen_dragon Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    It's working.thank you very much.