Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

No configuration availalbe

sebastien_taylorsebastien_taylor Member Posts: 2
Hi,

OK this may be a stupid question...
When I click the configuration panel and it opens, there is no part configuration button as described in the help section, just a learn more about configurations info box.

I'm on a free plan, don't know if that makes a difference. Also a 10 year professional CATIA V5 user, so maybe I'm missing something obvious vs my hardened Catia habits whilst getting to grips with Onshape...

Someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
S.

Comments

• Options
    sebastien_taylorsebastien_taylor Member Posts: 2
    Ha ok I think I answered this myself. It doesn't work with imported documents...
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Hi @sebastien_taylor - welcome to Onshape! It will work with imported parts, but you have to have something that can be modified, like a Move Face feature.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    InventorByNightInventorByNight Member Posts: 4 EDU
    I'm having the same problem, but in the Intro to Part Configurations tutorial ("Exercise: Checkbox Configuration Input"). When I open the part from the link in the tutorial, and click on the Configuration panel tab, it opens a panel that just says "No Configurations Available", a description of what configurations are, and a link to the help page about configurations. It doesn't have the "Add Configurations" text shown in the tutorial, and doesn't have the drop-down that lets you choose list, checkbox, or configuration variable. I don't know what I could be doing wrong since this is the first step of the exercise.
  • Options
    InventorByNightInventorByNight Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Never mind, I found my mistake. I thought I had made a copy of the document, but I hadn't. It wouldn't let me add configurations because I don't have edit permissions in the original document.