Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

User contributed featurescript documentation

CAD_SSPCAD_SSP Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
One downside of the constant flow of additional features to OnShape is the featurescript documentation gets somewhat left behind.

Sometime I discover something by chance (or by close study of the std features source code) and would love to be able to share that knowledge in a structured way.

For example I found today that you can adjust the angle of the end of a hole feature in feature script by setting tipAngle (or have a flat bottom by setting to 180) but where do I put this info so others looking for it can find it?

On the standard documentation could you add an option to hide/show user comments, then if you allowed other users to up and down vote on how useful a comment was you could even make it self policing (if a comment gets more than -x votes it is removed and top voted comments get moved up).

Comments