Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Relative dimensions in multiple parts

andy_chaplinandy_chaplin Member Posts: 1
Hi all,
My apologies for putting this in a forum, as I guess this has already been asked.  However, I can't find the right search term to get the answer...

I'm trying to create a range of parts and I want a dimension to be relative to another dimension.  For example, I have a part with two holes.  For the first hole I want to set a dimension, and the other hole is then automatically set to 1.6 times that value.  Then I can create a series of parts just by changing the one dimension.  (In reality, my design is more complex, but if I can do the above, I can scale up the functions.)

Can anyone help me with a how to? I believe I've seen this somewhere in a tutorial or webinar, but without knowing the search term, I haven't found it.

Thanks for your help!

Andy

Comments