Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Paste into dimension field does not conform to standards

brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
I often go around dimensioning elements by pasting a variable into a the dimension editor (double click a dimension in a sketch opens the dimension editor for that dimension).

When you open the dimension editor the dimension value is initially selected/ highlighted.
When I paste the variable name it is appended after the existing dimension value.

This does not conform to any standards for edit controls.

The rule is that if an edit controls value is selected then typing or pasting into the control will delete the existing content and replace it with the typed/pasted content.

For typing this rule is followed, for pasting its not.

Its just one of those annoying paper cuts that can make using a product frustrating.

Brett

Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @brett_sutton I am not seeing this behavior.

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Ubuntu 17.10 so maybe it's specific to that combo.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    It might be.  Do you have any clipboard managers or extensions?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    I have lastpass and the gnome shell extension 'clipboard Indicator'.

I went to test after disabling both and guess what, I can't reproduce the problem this morning with or without these two extensions running.

This has been a problem for a long time now so I don't understand why its now all good.

I will observe my behaviour more carefully to see if its some particular sequence.

For the moment move on with your life. I will post here if I have anything more to offer.

Ta,
    Brett