Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Project with metric and imperial units

robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
I'm starting a project with a small DC geared motor that was designed and built in metric. My shop is full of imperial hardware, measurement tools, tools etc. that I will be using for the rest of the project. What would be the proper way to model the motor (metric) and the rest of the components (imperial) so that I could later use them all in an assembly? - Scotty

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Choose the one you are more familiar with as default to your document (account) and then just add 10mm or 2" to dialogs. You can even make equations using them both. Consider unit being a number like 10 * mm + 2 * inch. If you are familiar with math, you know you can also calculate with units.
    //rami