Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multi layered SVG/DXF/DWG

alban_piponalban_pipon Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm trying to use OnShape for lazer cutting / engraving (a single piece is both cut and engraved).

With that in mind I would like to export several sketches / surfaces into a single layered file (ideally SVG, but DWG of DXF should do). The goal is to directly have the different cutting and engraving style already split in different layers. Else I have to select hundreds of lines by hand in a very poor software to tell which one is cut and which one is engraved.

Is there any way to do this easily ? (maybe using FeatureScript, I'm also opened to solution using other software to "aggregate" efficiently the layers)

Thanks a lot !

Comments

• Options
    bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Nice idea!  I just had a bunch of laser cut parts made and it would have been great to have part names engraved on them.
  • Options
    timo_schönbergertimo_schönberger Member Posts: 2
    This is exactly what I'm looking for too.