Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I prevent a chamfer to stop at an intersection and continue in the same shape?

robert_arminrobert_armin Member Posts: 10
Hi 

Link to my Document:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/56e41f74e4b07f79f46eae13/w/1281219028c78d58c7a85668/e/bfdb88454ea1921ea9c06e59
Tab Z-Axis

Team, I wanted to extend my chamfers along with the same profile as in the first picture but I cannot go across the intersection without chamfering everything? How can I achieve this?
Many Thanks,
Rob

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Can you use a rib rather than a chamfer?

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Hey Owen, yes you are right. But therefore I would have to create 3 Planes, 3 Sketches and a rib, wouldn't I? I was hoping there would be an easier way. Thx, Rob
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can split the face and then use the Move face feature with the option to rotate

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options

thanks for your hint, what I wanted to achieve is lthe above. Currently this is done with rips as suggested earlier. Butt involves a 3 planes, 3 sketches, 3 rips. The example you showed above works out of the box with Chamfer. I wanted to break through the face with chamfer. Hopfully this explains it a bit better. Thx.

• Options
    ok, understood. Thanks for the all the answers! :smile: