Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Features should keep previously used dimensions

Like Solidworks, a powerful feature for workflow would be to have a feature remember the previous value. For instance I'm trying to make a keyboard and after extruding all the keys I want to make the holes for them to fit into. On solidworks I would either go through each sketch and offset it, which is easy as the first time I input the clearance value it remembers for the next time so I just click and press enter a few times in a row. Another option would be to cut extrude the existing sketch and then do a thin feature to gain the clearance. At the moment when offsetting more than one face/sketch I have to click the face, then click away, then type the number in, then press enter. This is far too many clicks for efficient use.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    @david_littlefair373 - for any new feature requests, can you create an Improvement Request in the category on the right ---->

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @david_littlefair373

You may be able to do all the offsets in one feature, rather than doing each offset as an individual feature.  If you post the URL of your document here we can take a look and see if there are more efficient workflows.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team