Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Not super important, but would love feedback and any answers on how to improve in the future?

angus_bottangus_bott Member Posts: 16
So recently @billy2 and I finished a model that was a recreation of the identity discs from Tron: Legacy and Tron: Uprising. I would love feedback on it from the community as well as any answers on how to possibly improve in the future. Along the way Bill taught me quite a lot such as offset surfaces and fills, part splits, hotkeys, extruding up to a face, and how to avoid instancing in a part studio. Since it's completion I made just a few minor adjustments and detail work to make it as close to the real thing as possible while keeping a custom and unique feel to it. 

This would be the normal disc with this view on both the top and bottom sides.

And this would be what twin discs would look like. Specifically Tron's/Rinzler's discs from Legacy and the animated show Uprising. It would have the face from the first screenshot on the top view but on the bottom it would have those curved rectangular LEDs.

Again, I am looking for feedback on how Bill and I did on this project which I enjoyed working with him on very much. 

Answers