Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

your videos dont reflect any difference compared to anyone else

glen_baumgartnerglen_baumgartner Member Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Product Feedback
With the cloud you have the capacity to make your instruction videos interactive. you can utilise all seven ways people learn. I'm old school and suffer from a measure of mental inflexability. Parametric solid CAD goes against that which is familiar. I refuse to go quietly into that good night. Give me the opportunity to follow along and click on what I need and see it work without having to run two machines or bouncing back and forth between video and my parts studio.

Answers

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    Thanks, @glen_baumgartner for the feedback.  Can you give a little more detail on what you consider ideal?

Would it be more like an instructor led course? Where the student is given time between topics and each topic is covered step for step?

Thanks again for taking the time.
  • glen_baumgartnerglen_baumgartner Member Posts: 2
    Cody thanks for responding. I'm embarrassed because I do know how to spell difference. One got by me.
    Instructor lead course is kind of a gimmey. The inherent problems are scheduling and manpower. Your going to be dealing with people across different time zones and different work shifts. Its in your best interest to keep your staff as small as possible.
    I'm thinking of an interactive video. A split screen, one with an instructor using a smart board to demonstrate. The second the tool bar, drop downs ect. Scenes change to reflect what is needed. Add a repeat button for verbal reinforcement. What I do, shows on the smart board.
    Most videos use visual and verbal.
    Being interactive adds physical. You can add auditory with a back ground music that waxes or wanes in volume as you move towards or away from the proper icon. Logical is added by successfully accomplishing the drawing.
    Cody my bride is a educator and I take an interest in her work. I just happened to read an article she gave me Just before I started playing with Onshape.
    If anything here has merit, I'm happy to have helped. With regaurds Glen

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @glen_baumgartner I edited it for you...  ;-)
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.