Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issues with using line on an apex of a curve that's been lofted

isaac_oneilisaac_oneil Member Posts: 15
Hello All,

I have been trying to find a way to connect a conic line to the apex of a lofted shape and have been having issues. I am currently trying to use a perpendicular line along the curve of the loft to find the apex and use a series of planes to make a second loft that will connect to it however I am having issues connecting the line to the apex of the curve using the tangent button and trying to create a point on the line. See below for what I mean. I also don't know how to draw a line in thin air to try a conic line to it. The bottom line is did I make it too complicated or am I not approaching this the right way.

Link to the document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8b6da23130a9dee535af0c96/w/f34a388fedf1c58e1269dcd5/e/1bd626987427970ee174e87b

Thank you all for helping me learn CAD!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Looks OK to me - perhaps you are just seeing the graphics tessellation. Edit the appearance of your part and change tessellation to very fine.

NOTE: your line is tangent at the "apex" regardless of the tessellation settings, they are just lowered to improve performance.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI