Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

VERSION SEARCHING

kevin_epperskevin_eppers Member Posts: 3 PRO
Before I open a ticket or request a new feature, does anybody know a way to search in the version/history listing.  Instead of reading through 1000's of lines and sorting through dozens of hastily made versions, I just want to find the last time I was working on a specific feature of a specific part.  For example I just want to look back at all the edits I've made to a specific chamfer, so it I could search Part:I/O Sim; Action: Edit; Feature: Chamber 3.  There would be some major utility there.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @kevin_eppers

This functionality is not currently available in the system, I have pulled a ticket for your request.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I have wanted this at times too. 

And, this might be way out of the box, but when you find the feature like to be able to restore it without affecting the rest of the document. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    kevin_epperskevin_eppers Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Bruce, You have a very good point.  I have found that the version and change history is useless to try to go back because I work on a lot of system components in parallel.  With the current setup reverting to a previous point would only be useful if I used a new document for every part, but this counteracts the convenience of creating multiple parts and working with them in a parallel fashion without having to hit the update button every 10 seconds.  (note I'm saying that working with each part in it's own document I would have to hit the version and update button as frequently as I used to press save and control+q.)  So unless Bruce's suggestion of implementing individual or a small subset of changes were possible, reverting to a previous point in time is not very useful except for looking at released states.