Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exporting to .stl format

alexandra_wheeleralexandra_wheeler Member Posts: 4 EDU
Hi,
I can;t seem to export my file. I would like to 3D print it. I wonder if I have less capability as Im an education subscriber. I've followed the 'help' options, but I don;t seem to be able to do as suggested as I don;t have the features ie: I right click on the file name, and 'export' is supposed to appear, however this isn;t happenning for me? Id LOVE some tips. Im worried all my time has been wasted now. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Please paste a link to your doc here and someone will have a look for you.

Edu plan gets all the features so no problem there.

Cheers,

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Is it your document, a document that was shared with you or a public document? If you don’t have export permissions you won’t be able to export. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/215bc6b0b779eac5ef8238a3/w/238c8c1e13444cf8cba40ef7/e/9fe0e9d0193d215de3fb15e8

The link is above. It is currently a public file. It doesn't need to be however. Neil Cooke - It was never initially a document that was shared with me however ..... I constructed it myself. 

Thanks Owen and Neil for looking at this. Im new and still finding my way. Cheers
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    edited July 2018
    @alexandra_wheeler you sent a link which is read-only - the doc must be made public for anyone to copy it. Anyway it's simple enough, either right-click the part studio tab at the bottom, or right-click the part on screen or from the parts list and select export - it will be there. If not, post a screenshot of what you see.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Thank you so much. Got it! I really appreciate your help Neil.
    Cheers