Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wrestling Sheet Metal

kent_hendersonkent_henderson Member Posts: 69 PRO
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/779f077bdf07b1103dab24ff/w/ee22818741f523998fa4c313/e/146133dca0b86461ca988901

Take a look at this cyclone inlet scroll section. I'm frustrated with a couple items:
a) Converting the body to sheet metal will only offset to one side, not the side I need to go. Do I need to redraw everything a metal thickness smaller in order to him my dims?
b) What happened in the inlet crotch?

Any advise?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited July 2018
    On the scroll, I think it's having trouble with the knifepoint section on the sketch. I put a small flat in here and the sheet metal convert then worked in both directions and does not lose all the material which I think you see as an issue

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    kent_hendersonkent_henderson Member Posts: 69 PRO
    Thanks Bruce. I should have played with it just a little more. It was late and I got frustrated. Thanks for figure this out for me.