Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why can't I hide this mate connector?

christopher_graham586christopher_graham586 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
Why can't I hide the mate connector in this view?  It was created in the same way as many others that I can delete.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ac8a03af8ff43a46a62a24ad/w/c3221c8adb812f4ad7fed508/e/68f9f067af1d9c23685b166b

In general what are the rules about being able to hide mate connectors?  I find sometimes it's possible to hide them and sometimes not.  It would be nice to have a hide all mate connectors command.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Correction: Should have said - Why can't I hide the mate connector in this view?  It was created in the same way as many others that I can <hide>.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    If you press K on your keyboard it should show/hide them all. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Thanks I didn't know about "K" for hiding mate connectors. That will be useful.  However it still won't hide the one I'm asking about that I can't hide by other methods either.  The "stuck" mate connector was created the same way as all others so I don't know why.  
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Sorry, I've not looked at your doc, but if you've patterned or transformed the part then it won't hide on a k key press, instead hide the pattern or transform feature in the feature tree.

OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    I need to keep the transformed feature but hide the mate connector that was used to transform it.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited July 2018
    Hi, yes, that's what it'll do.

Hide the transform in the feature tree with the eye icon next to the feature. This will hide the the mate connector but keep the transform and the part. 

This differs from the suppress option which will turn off the transform itself.

@andy_morris (Onshape UX chap) this isn't at all intuitive!

Common misconceptions:-
    (1) Show / Hide mate connectors does what it says on the tin.
    (2) Hiding a feature in the tree disables it.

Cheers Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd