Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Spline Point Stuck to Axis

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
If I draw a spline, then have its end or starting point attach to one of the axis, it gets stuck;)

I can't move it from there. 

Is there some trick to "release" it from the axis' hold?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @famadorian

The end of your spline has a "horizontal" or "vertical" constraint to the origin.  If you hover over the endpoint that is "stuck" the constraint will show up as a horizontal or vertical line (respectively) within a blue box.  You can then click on this constraint and delete it with the delete key:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/constraints.htm

You can also easily find this constraint by checking the "show constraints" box in the sketch dialog, then delete it the same way.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    @famadorian

The end of your spline has a "horizontal" or "vertical" constraint to the origin.  If you hover over the endpoint that is "stuck" the constraint will show up as a horizontal or vertical line (respectively) within a blue box.  You can then click on this constraint and delete it with the delete key:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/constraints.htm

You can also easily find this constraint by checking the "show constraints" box in the sketch dialog, then delete it the same way.
    Indeed; thank you, but I don't understand why it automatically puts a restraint on it, without me asking it to do it. 

Anway, thanks. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    @famadorian - most of the time it is useful, other times it is just plain annoying - holding down the SHIFT key while sketching will disable automatic constraints.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI