Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Call skEllipse(Id (array), string, map) does not match skEllipse(Sketch, ..., ...)

björn_britzbjörn_britz Member Posts: 14 EDU
Im have some difficulties with my first Loop. I'm trying to create ellipses on different sketches.

heres the code

I want the ellipses to be on different sketch heights, but they are all on the same heigth.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Please post a link to a public document -- I don't see what's wrong at first glance, but it's impossible to debug by looking at an image of the source.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Ok, when I make a copy of the document, and run your feature with the origin, I get a bunch of parallel ellipses shifted in-plane, as I would expect.  I'm guessing you want them in layers, though -- you have to use your loop variable i where you specify the sketch plane (or use dims instead of definition.layerThickness) in line 35.  Hope this helps.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • björn_britzbjörn_britz Member Posts: 14 EDU
    I used dims instead.
    Thank you!