Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape Mobile (iOS) - September 2, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited September 2015 in Onshape Mobile
Update day is here for iOS and it is available for download from the Apple AppStore now.  This release  we are continuing the theme of bringing many of the new improvements from the web client over to mobile. There were also some additions to reflect some of the organizational changes with Companies, Teams and Plans.
Highlights include:
  1. NEW Assign materials

2. NEW Share dialog (teams and companies) (If you allow Onshape to access your contact list, you can use it to select individuals to share with)

3. Show all in context menu (two finger tap)

4. Copy and paste sketch entities

5. Document size in the Documents list

6. NEW Hole feature 

7. NEW All and active branch view on Version graph

8. Hide/Show using Groups in Assembly mode

So check for updates and give these new features a try!  We are excited to hear what you think.  ~Lou

NOTE: One point to note with Drawings, in the initial releases Drawings on mobile will be view-only.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    The App Store is experiencing an issue which has delayed our updated app from being visible in the App Store or appearing under “Updates.” We are working with Apple to resolve the issue and expect resolution by mid day tomorrow.
  • john_brodowskijohn_brodowski Member Posts: 37
    Lougallo
    I hope you can help me with the questions I have submitted for your review. As an engineer, I am primarily interested in 3D modeling software. I would humbly suggest that at this time OnShape concentrate on improving commend functionality, add few commends like WRAP,  WARP and few more 
    that do not exist at this time.
    Why spend resources on items that detract from primary objective- instinctively easy to use software.
    Your future income will come from companies, engineers and designers who bought your software because it is better what is available at this time.
    Please, concentrate on adding and improving commends.
    I hope I did not offend anyone by posting this.