Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Document won't update, also how to update all documents at once?

david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
I have lots of documents, and each time I open them I'm faced with update process where I have to close the document:

Is there a way to force all my documents to update at once? One of them seems to have got stuck on the old version (the "Decal" command is missing)... It doesn't prompt me when I open it... Any way to get it to update? It's this one:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bac5f4b89cd29e728d76720e/w/9e8e7481aa82127a53bd524e/e/a5e383d14edf31349a54ed55?renderMode=0&uiState=6604b3dcf10d7d54a148f09d

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,436
    Simply opening a document should not require it to be upgraded, only restoring or merging triggers this. The document you listed was copied from another document which was previously not upgraded itself maybe beacuse it hasn't been touched for a while. One quick way to force an upgrade is to trash/restore the doc.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Yes, I think I got into this mess by clicking "Later" instead of "Now" in the feature library upgrade box, *then* duplicating the document with the "Copy workspace" command. The new document was then stuck on the old workspace and didn't ever prompt me to upgrade. Trashing / restoring worked great.

• Options
    It would be great to have an option to upgrade all documents at once... My project has hundreds of documents and updating them individually as they're opened is a bit of a pain...

Alternatively a way to list all documents that need upgrading so I can go through and do them all at once... 

This dialog is so frustrating:

• Options
    Yeah I just updated a document, waited a few seconds and re-opened it... but I guess I re-opened it before it had finished updating, so it's not updated, and it's rescheduled it to be upgraded in 20 minutes time... So I'm having to wait 20 minutes or trash/restore. This is happening several times a day and it's infuriating 😂

• Options
    OK actually delete / restore doesn't trigger the document to be update if it's scheduled. I guess I'm waiting 20 minutes until I can continue work 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,436
    It would be great to have an option to upgrade all documents at once... 
    All docs get upgraded every 3 weeks after a software update (with some exceptions), so not sure what has happened to all yours. I tried to look through some of my old docs to test the trash/restore theory and I couldn't find any that were out of date!
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Hmmm interesting... I haven't touched this project since June last year, and only just started work on it again, so perhaps that's why...