Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Helix sheet metal

santossgsantossg Member Posts: 2
I have this part. How can I have a sheet metal from this? Some one can help me please?

Comments

• Options
    robert_johnstonrobert_johnston Member Posts: 27 PRO
    I'm just bumping this thread,

Interested in the onshape sheetmetal experts if you have a way to do this or future capability? This is a little alongside the sheet metal loft capabilities we need.

I use bricscad to get these flat outside of onshape. The more bends you do the smoother the helix is.

Regards fabricating them, with a press bends have to be straight, otherwise spcial tool/dies can pull twist these. There is likely a more expert screw fabricator on here than me!

The new bend fature in onshape actually allows us to import flat dxf, thicken and bend on the line now.