Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Intro to CAD

2»

Comments

• Options
    marc_nelson875marc_nelson875 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Are you using our Intro to CAD curriculum?  We'd love to know how it's going.  Share teaching tips, post pictures of your models, tell us your favorite unit, or let us know how you've expanded or extended it. 
    I pick and choose some of the materials.  I use more of the lessons from the Learning Center as they are self-guided and I developed my curriculum before the Into to CAD curriculum was published.  I want my students to develop good modeling skills (fully constrained sketches, design intent, etc.) which I focus on in my classes.  I also include drafting concepts in the drawing creation and focus on ANSI dimensioning skills.  I prefer to personalize and build my curriculum to what I need, so I pick and choose from the curriculums and materials.
  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 234 PRO
    Hi @marc_nelson875.  Thank you for your feedback and perspective.  I'm glad to hear that the Learning Center courses, including Intro to CAD are useful.  For your courses focusing on drawing creation and dimensioning, check out our new CAD Drawings course.

• Options
    michael_reid299michael_reid299 Member Posts: 2
    This may be a dumb question. But as a new CAD user, is there a place for me to do an intro to cad online? This seems to be resources for those putting on such a lesson. I am trying to do the lessons on the onshape website but there are two different areas that I confuse as which one offers what and which ones to do. 
  • Options
    Hi @michael_reid299.  Not a dumb question at all!  Yes, Intro to CAD was intended for teachers teaching CAD in a classroom, but the curriculum would also be great for a new CAD user.  You could just go through all of the lessons, step by step and that would be a great way to get into Onshape.  

The other suggested route would be the CAD Basics learning pathway in our Learning Center.
  • Options
    jamie_knappjamie_knapp Member Posts: 2
    There are several errors in Lesson 1 and 2. Some of it stems from Onshape getting updates but the lessons aren't being corrected. How do we communicate the errors so the lessons work?
  • Options
    It's fun writing curriculum for a product that updates every 3 weeks :wink:

If you have specific feedback, please do submit it through the curriculum feedback form.