Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New FeatureScript "Get Pose"

javl0p_2javl0p_2 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
Hi!

I recently made public a FeatureScript that solves I problem I had encountered multiple times. That is: to be able to get the relative pose (that is, translation and orientation) between two MateConnectors. 

It is a problem relatively common in robotics and until know I had to compute it through approximate calculations. Now, the FeatureScripts [CS] Get Pose allows to select two MateConnectors and output the pose of MateConnector 2 relative to MateConnector 1.

Here is the public link: 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1731fe467835da6d745b72b7/w/da25f06c7ef677b8e7b4ae6b/e/0bf4e6a7c2c92b6ee62eb09c

The pose is given as a rotation matrixtranslation vector, and can be checked in the FeatureScript notice window.

It is a very simple FeatureScript, so feel free to use it and propose ways to improve it.

Cheers!

Comments