Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Trouble adding flange to sheet metal model

dane_rasmussendane_rasmussen Member Posts: 6
I have two sheet metal parts with similarly sized and shaped holes that need a flange added to one side. On one of the parts the flange worked fine, on the other part I cannot get the flange tool to work. It only gives an error: "Flange did not regenerate properly: error regenerating." Given that the feature the flange is based on has almost identical geometry to the other part that worked, I don't understand why it will not regenerate.

Here is the document in question: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4712951cf0f10518e4495233/w/49f4e0d6a681eb2828d656fc/e/d077ec5ffe64ffde84e284dd?renderMode=0&uiState=660cc6ce372ecb776cfa4005

Best Answer

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    Answer ✓
    Done now

Answers

• Options
    edited April 3
    @dane_rasmussen
    Please share the document with support and ping me  - I can fix it for you. Share-> Share with Onshape support 
  • Options
    lana said:
    @dane_rasmussen
    Please share the document with support and ping me  - I can fix it for you. Share-> Share with Onshape support 
    Thanks! Just toggled sharing on.
  • Options
    @lana were you able to access the document or is there some other permission I need to change?
  • Options
    Please try sharing again - I did not check soon enough and it got unshared.

• Options
    Should be good to go, I didn't realize that the sharing had an expiration. Thanks!
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Done now