Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Animation

Harle_CraggHarle_Cragg Member Posts: 2
Can I have multiple animations going at once?

Comments

• Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    I don't think so, but if there is I'd like to know how to do it. You can have multiple sections while animation is running - but I don't think that's what you're asking.
  • Options
    john_lopez363john_lopez363 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    It is possible to animate multiple Mates concurrently with the use of "Relations"... there are limitations to this approach.
  • Options
    Following the experimentations that @john_mcclary did some time back, one can achieve much more complex animations. 

Here is an example of animation testing I created awhile ago using McClary's examples.

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,902 PRO
    Nice work!
  • Options
    edited April 17
    @john_mcclary...  could not have happened without YOUR ground-breaking experiments (and thanks for making that "public" back in 2018-2019)!

Credit goes to you.

• Options
    I'm glad my instructions were clear enough that you were able to do that!

You can teach a person to paint, but that doesn't automatically make them an artist. You have done well and created art.
    Take your praise, you've earned it :smile:

(Meanwhile, I silently wait in the background for Onshape to release advanced animation tools...)
  • Options
    javl0p_2javl0p_2 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    What would be the best way to render that animation? I know the actual Render Studio doesn't support animations (soon to come?) and there seemed to be an App called OneRender but it is not listed in the App Store animore.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    edited April 18
    I would doubt we would see an animation render studio, ever, or else many years away...

If you really need a rendered animation, export your model to Blender, and use that to make your animation.

I'm not good with blender so I hired @alnis to make this:
    AEI Over Under Conveyor Animation (youtube.com)

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 208 EDU
    That's amazing!
  • Options
    beautiful work @jan_bouwman!
  • Options
    jan_bouwman said:
    ....The final scene shows the handy contraption that makes the impossible possible. I suggest we call this the 'McClary Engine' in honor of its inventor, John McClary. :) Thanks @john_mcclary !....

Love it.... hence forth to be known as the McClary Engine... at least in my vernacular!!!  Also fabulous animation!
  • Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 482 PRO
    edited April 19
    @jan_bouwman
     Would you consider sharing the document?  ;)
    That looks like an interesting one to explore. Very well done!
    I understand if you don't wish to. 

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign