Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Questions

john_brodowskijohn_brodowski Member Posts: 37
lougallo-How do I sent you a couple of models with the question.
            SHARE asks for e-mail that I do not know.
             My e-mail is brodjohn@aol.com
             Thank you

Comments

• navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi @john_brodowski the best way to share the model you want with @lougallo or other team member from OS is using the Share with support Option in the share window, once you do this you can send a private message to Lou or any other team member from OS through the forum and inform them the name of the file so they can take a look.

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    The best thing to do in addition to the share is sentd in a support ticket by using the ? Menu -> Feedback which can let you markup the screen and explain what you would like us to take a look at. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • john_brodowskijohn_brodowski Member Posts: 37
    I sent my documents (models) to Support using "Share with support option" , just like you advised.
    SHARE icon was not highlighted, so I clicked on CLOSE icon. I was unable to highlight SHARE icon.
    Maybe that is why  documents did not come for viewing.
    Have a nice holiday.
    Thank you for your response. 

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @john_brodowski If you have toggled the share with support, you would need to own or have "can edit and share" permissions.  Sharing with support is just a slider but if you are sharing with a specific person, the email filed has to be filled out to let the Share button highlight.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.