Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to extrude at an angle but only on 2 sides.

brayan_morales855brayan_morales855 Member Posts: 4
Beginner here. I made an extrusion off a rectangle. I want to get the extrusion to slant to the right/east at 10 degrees. I found the draft option and set the angle to 10 degrees but that makes all sides to extrude inward or outward by 10 degrees. What is the option/steps that would help me get the result I am looking for? 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,466
    Create a straight-sided extrude, then create a separate Draft feature.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    brayan_morales855brayan_morales855 Member Posts: 4
    NeilCooke said:
    Create a straight-sided extrude, then create a separate Draft feature.
    Thanks for your answer. I cannot get it to work properly. I think it's because the extrusion I'm working with is a cut out.

Basically, I am just trying my hand at designing a basic card holder. I have the solid sketch how I want it. I extruded it from there to be about the width a bit larger than a standard business card. Now I want to extrude/cut out the part where the cards go into. When I extrude it goes straight down/south into the card holder. I would like it to extrude at a slant of 10 degrees to the right. I hope this picture helps explain what the situation is better than my words.