Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to fillet an offset

So I have a board with letters. The recess for the letters is good but the letters' corners are not curved. I added the fillet to the main outline but when I added an offset (insert) the fillet didn't stay. I have attached screenshots of the plans. Any help in getting the inside corner to be filleted would be helpful.

Answers

• Oliver_CouchOliver_Couch Member Posts: 96 PRO

If you offset an arc (fillet) inward then the radius will reduce - the corner gets sharper. That's maths, no way around it.

Perhaps you could just offset the straight edges and then create new internal fillets of matching radius to the external ones.

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

Joshua, you could apply fillets without doing them in the sketch. Just in case you are unaware, there is a fillet tool in the part studio. Would that be applicable to your needs? - Scotty

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,785 PRO

For something like this I would make the recesses with the Boolean tool with Offsetting all surfaces. Then I would use the Selection Fillet custom feature to select all the inside edges which are similar.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13958/new-custom-feature-selection-fillet