Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Photo realistic rendering

drcontempodrcontempo Member Posts: 5
I couldn't find anything about rendering...does onshape have the capability to produce realistic rendering images?
Tagged:

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited January 2016
    Yes, but you need access to the Beta App Store, request acees here https://www.onshape.com/app-store-beta
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @derek_rungsea , Onshape is integrated with four rendering app.with the help of this you can produce realistic rendering image.

Kindly refer below link for above app.
    https://www.onshape.com/app-store-beta

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Ok, this might be a bit crude, but here is a cut/paste from the app store beta forum (you have to be in the beta to be able to read it - hence the cut/paste).
    This should give you a brief introduction to the capabilities - I hope you agree that these capabilities are very high quality and exciting!

(Thank you Joe Dunne)

• For rendering there should be something for everybody, super simple, to high end artistry.  

Integrated Cloud apps

One Render
      Reality Server
      Clara.io

Desktop Connected (Mac and Windows)

Keyshot
      Maxwell

Each is unique....   

Starting at Integrated apps

One Render offers full rendering suit of tools.... the trick IMO, is make sure to use the predefined scenes. below is just red plastic... but it took my 20 sec from start to hitting render... and you can render many images at the same time

• Reality Server

I find this to have a very streamlined UI.... and the results are beautiful

• Clara.io

This not only has the drag and drop rendering.. .but it has all kind of extra features, like translators or public galleries or full keyframe animations like a Modo or Maya

https://clara.io/view/63759c01-8df1-4784-9dd0-50ff447da029 

• RealityServer does not have preset materials yet.   However you can save your own. So once you dial in a few materials, you can save them and reuse them.  Here are a few I created.... sorry I am lazy.... so I tried screen capture the relevant parameters

• And here is Keyshot... Only took be about 1 min from start to finish

Philip Thomas - Onshape