Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hole Tool, tapped holes

lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
The tapping feature does only work when "blind in last" is selected, "through" doesn't work
Bug or feature?

Comments

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @lutz_niggl , It is working fine when through also selected. Kindly refer below image.

• Options
    lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    It doesn't work for me:

With blind in last everything is fine:

Changing to "Through" there is no tapped diameter:

Edit: Just saw that it sets the clearance setting back to "Clearance". Reactivating Clearance & tapped" inserts the tapped diameter in both parts which also is not exactly what you usually want:

I'm quite sure that this is a bug.

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @lutz_niggl , Yes you are right. This is bug happening same with me.  Kindly report this issue with Onshape support team.
  • Options
    andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    edited January 2016
    Hi @lutz_niggl , this is a bug where we are not displaying the correct icon in the dialog when you change the end-condition. The value of the tap drill size is correct. I have opened a new support ticket for this issue.
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    In the meantime you will have to set your hole depth deeper than the thickness of the two plates to get clearance and tapped and through. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    sam_wehrlisam_wehrli Member Posts: 12 PRO
    I'm searching around the forums for a solution to my problem, and I came across this thread. How did you get the "blind in last" function to work? I am stuck. No matter how I change the depth or any other variable this function will not work. any help would be greatly appreciated. I made my project public. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/844a3dff7796ca887e8368e4/w/8365d3095285df67b07ceb1b/e/3a59f6c1ef636442696465b0