Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I move sketches that have been pasted into a part studio?

Reece_IsaacReece_Isaac Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Drawings
Hi,
I have a number of parts that were originally STL. I have converted them to STP using Freecad and imported to my Onshape. I have made parts by sketching the  part and 'use' command.  Unfortunately these parts are not uniform and don't fit well together. I want to put the sketches in to a single part studio so I can adjust the parts to fit properly.   When I do this the sketches overlap, I don't know if or how I can move them in a similar way as in an assembly.  Is there a tutorial on this?
Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I think your first step would be to fully constrain each sketch relative to itself. Then you will be able to drag them where ever wanted or even dimension them to another sketch.

_Dave_
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @Reece_Isaac , Once you paste the sketch in a part studio it will appear at the centre(origin will be the centriod of the sketch).
    To move the sketch,you have to select all sketch entities. Which means if you select all entity by group selection,you have to select corner points separately then try to drag it.you can drag now and place any where you want.
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @Reece_Isaac , for more details please refer below video,

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @Onshape  is this a bug that a window select will not include points?
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    _Dave_ said:
    @Onshape  is this a bug that a window select will not include points?
    This was intended behavior, but we will revisit it.  The issue with including end-points is that it was almost impossible not to get them and this hampered the ability to box-select then apply constraints.

Moving sketches this way isn't ideal, but it works, and we are looking into a better way of implementing this behavior.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com