Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

When using Circular Pattern using Feature Pattern cannot hide used Sketch

Firstly, using Onshape for the first time and ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT. It is SO easy! I'm a 3D printing enthusiast and have struggled with Sketchup for years. Wish I had of discovered Onshape a long time ago!!!

Minor irritation that I cannot solve myself, just looking for some advice.

I have Circular Pattern using Features that I have replicated around a curved surface. When creating the original feature on the curved surface I had to create a sketch with a single construction line that is used as the pivot for a face move. Now when I implement the Circular Pattern using the Features for the Face Move around the Pivot line sketch, the Pivot sketch is replicated around the part and cannot be hidden. I can hide the original Pivot line sketch fine, but when I do, I would have expected the replicated sketches to also be hidden. I can't work out how to hide the replicated sketches. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• mark_sullivanmark_sullivan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Neil

Thanks for the info.

No I haven't assembled the part, this is just in part studio. Its good to know that in assembly the issue will not be evident.

Yes I have to pattern with the sketch when using the Feature method, if I don't it doesn't work as intended

I just changed the pattern to the Face method and you are correct that that it works as expected, and without the need to select the sketch.

Thanks for the suggestions.