Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

2 Manipulator on screen?

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited March 2016 in FeatureScript
Is it possible to have multiple manipulators on a screen at the same time?

Doesn't seem possible, maybe I haven't discovered the proper sequence for assigning id's to things causing issues.

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    You can actually have as many as you want -- as long as they have different manipulator ids.  Extrude and revolve (when bidirectional) both have two manipulators.  Clever ways of using editing logic, manipulators and hidden definition fields actually let you circumvent some of the current UI limitations.  We have done some experiments with interactively dragging an arbitrary number of bodies each with a manipulator.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Thanks, I'll keep trying
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Feel free to ask if you run into more difficulty.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I've been reading through it, manipulators have names for each instance on the screen. The id stays the same. The change function looks at the name and does an action based on name. So you move one, which has a name, it looks in the change function and does an action based on it's name. Am I crazy?

I'm using the same name for 2 manipulators and things aren't working quite right. Move one and the other updates. I think I know why now.

So there's one addManipulators() where you can add many manipulators by name & type. There's one changeManipulator() which looks up the action based on manipulator name.  

I have one manipulator working, 2 is a different problem. The extrude.fs example is helping, I'm making it harder than it really is. 

Thanks for the offer, my code is a real mess, let me keep trying. I'll give up soon,