Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I select a revolved surface as the merge scope?

ted_lawrenceted_lawrence Member Posts: 1
I can't select the surface of a revolve in order to cut a hole in it from an offset plane. Is this possible?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Your intention is to have the revolve feature create a surface correct?  I'm fairly certain that if you create a solid with your revolve the extrude>remove will work properly. 
  • Options
    3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    +1 Cutting surface!
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @ted_lawrence ,Currently user cannot perform boolean for surfaces and solid together in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
    Work around- You can perform thicken to surface by a small amount then boolean the resultant solids together.