Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

sheet metal flanges

stew_schmehlstew_schmehl Member Posts: 4 PRO
i have a flat sheet metal part with an extruded rectangular cut in the center. the four corners of the cut are filleted. i want to flange the straight areas of the cut. so far i have not been able to do it. it's a simple task in SW.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    stew_schmehlstew_schmehl Member Posts: 4 PRO
    That is certainly one approach. I also discovered that selecting "middle" allows the formation of the flange. Unfortunately both approaches create a rip which I do not want. I simply want the bend to extend inward from the straight edge between the fillets. Again, simple to do in SW. I am committed to OnShape and love this approach to CAD...I'm hoping sheet metal is still evolving.