Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Perfectly optimized web browser for Onshape

Shawn_YUNShawn_YUN Member, Developers Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in Community Support
Some times, Chrome is down. and some times safari is also down. That's not because of Onshape but finding perfectly suitable browser is also hassles to our design team as we are keen to find perfect web browser for Onshape.
How do you think if Onshape develop perfect web browser for only Enterprise customer? It can be exe file that enterprise customer install it on their pc for Onshape. They can, of course, access their cad data at anywhere using any browser but using that specific browser, they can reduce relaunch web browser.

.. What do you think?

Best Answer

Answers

• henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
    There would be no reason (I am assuming you are on a mac) to develop a new browser (insanely hard, giant security hole) and a new Javascript compiler (even harder and a second giant security hole). Not sure what you mean by your browsers being "down" anyway? If you mean when you go to onshape in a specific browser and it won't load, first thing I find is delete cache (in safari you need to enable the developer menu in preferences), as often the cause is a corrupted cache object (a few times had to go into the finder and manually hammer the cache as the file was truly stuck) in both safari and chrome.

But since they already have an iOS version, it would be easier at that point to develop a desktop mac version (the Xcode dev environment allows sharing of assets between desktop and iOS projects), but that would then require them to maintain a new product.
  • PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Hi @Shawn_YUN

What do you mean by "Chrome is down"?
    Can anyone tell me what is a OnShape Enterprise customer?

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
  • PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    @3dcad

Now I know, thanks!