Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

IOS or Android

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
I'm having trouble getting anything done using my android tablet. Before I go buy an IOS phone or tablet can someone tell me if it will function any better.

Thanks
Dave

Best Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    I am not sure that the iOS works much better than the Android. I find that using the iPad is a lot slower for most functions than use on the browser. With practice, you do get a little quicker but still nothing like using the browser as it takes longer to navigate into the toolbar/menu. I find especially find  adding sketch constraints painfull and miss the quick keys but having said that I regular use the iPhone to make some change while on the run.

I'd really love a dxf export for iOS, lots of times I could have used that.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry upon rereading I realize that I neglected to state that my problem was with using Onshape.

Thanks Dave
  • RootentityRootentity Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    What part of the experience is giving you trouble?

I exclusively use my iphone 6s for modeling in onshape, So I can give you some insight into how it works. The only parts that I turn to using my computer for are importing/exporting and writing feature script.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    I am not sure that the iOS works much better than the Android. I find that using the iPad is a lot slower for most functions than use on the browser. With practice, you do get a little quicker but still nothing like using the browser as it takes longer to navigate into the toolbar/menu. I find especially find  adding sketch constraints painfull and miss the quick keys but having said that I regular use the iPhone to make some change while on the run.

I'd really love a dxf export for iOS, lots of times I could have used that.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    • I see that you are using IOS without major issues. I can't even figure out how to create a new document with this android tablet. I can't find sketch constraints or dimensions.
    • Is this funstionality missing in the android.
    • Should I get a device with IOS