Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

proe import

svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 64 PRO
I have an asm proe import with hundreds of parts.   its not possible to suppress parts or assembles  and I want to have just a few parts visible at a time  when I take show all I have a mess on the screen
is it possible to group parts so they dont show up  with show all or something similar to layers in proe ?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not sure if this is what you mean but sometimes I spend a heap of time getting an assembly into a display state with certain bits hidden and other shown then move on from here but then later want to return to this state. At the moment there is no way to retain this display state/setup.

I think it would be cool as an improvement request if the named views actually remembered the display state/display settings, not sure if this is possible but kind of makes sense, as I thought it may have already worked that way.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381

Svenolov - i want to make sure i help you to the best of my ability, but i am not sure that i am correctly understanding your question.
    Yes you can absolutely hide/show parts and sub-assemblies in Onshape documents.

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not sure if this is what you mean but sometimes I spend a heap of time getting an assembly into a display state with certain bits hidden and other shown then move on from here but then later want to return to this state. At the moment there is no way to retain this display state/setup.

I think it would be cool as an improvement request if the named views actually remembered the display state/display settings, not sure if this is possible but kind of makes sense, as I thought it may have already worked that way.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977