Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Making a drawing from assembly

yuval_taffyuval_taff Member Posts: 17 PRO
hey!
after making a new drawing, while trying to insert the first view of my model the onshape proccesing for few minutes and then show me an error msg. my assembly file is 25 weight megabits. is that a known problem? what can i do to fix that problem?
thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• yuval_taffyuval_taff Member Posts: 17 PRO
    the error mention before is: DownloadView_R 46310d145a43bd42e16e2a01 Http::Client error: 500
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited August 2017
    Without the ability to review the ops logs, that looks like a timeout. One possibility is the complexity of the assembly. How long does the view take to create in SolidWorks/NX/Creo/Catia etc? That would help us understand the scale. As a free user, your documents are public. If you post the link here, I am more than happy to look at it for you. 
    If you want to fix it yourself (and if the complexity is the problem) then some of your remedial steps may include (and these are the same for all cad systems);
    • Removing unnecessary detail (knurling, text, threads)
    • Simplifying complex geometry (plates with patterns of many holes)
    • Multiple unsewn surfaces should be removed or sewn together (each surface is treated as a part)
    • Any imported geometry with errors should be fixed, removed or suppressed. 
    I recently did this for a Professional customer and with only minor changes took an assembly that couldn't make a single view in 10 minutes to being able to make 4 views in 35 seconds. It's very doable. 
    Good luck
    :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
    thank you for the comment.
    I found that the problem is made because of my complex micro-coil (0.35mm OD; 300mm length; 0.075mm wire thickness; no pitch), because i'm not able to make a drawing for the coil by himself.
    theres a better way to make that kind of coil? 
    can i share my coil document with you to see if you find a solution?
    thank you
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @yuval_taff if you are on the free plan just paste the URL here
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Just a quick question. What are you intending to do with this model. Since it is so small does it need to be modelled accurately or can a representation and drawing notes with details suffice?
    i'm not a free user, and I much prefer it to be modelled accurately
    Apologies, normally your name would have a "Pro" label next to it (but sometimes it takes a while for all the systems to sync). You can share it with me at ncooke at onshape dot com.
    thank you