Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Screen share

I want to show my customer my screen so I can show him something. I want to be able to move the model around so he can follow what I am doing live. I have shared a few doc with people  and they can view them but they cannot see me moving the model.  I don't have an "invite friend" button?

Best Answers

Answers

• joshua_targownikjoshua_targownik Member Posts: 11 EDU
    doesn't work. someone shared their model with me, and was editing it while we were on zoom, but I never saw his square user icon, even though I had the same model open in my onshape 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    doesn't work. someone shared their model with me, and was editing it while we were on zoom, but I never saw his square user icon, even though I had the same model open in my onshape 
    Must have used "link sharing" (which is a snapshot of the live doc) rather than share with view only permissions which would show live updates. If you refresh the screen, a new "snaphot" would be created.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • joshua_targownikjoshua_targownik Member Posts: 11 EDU
    NeilCooke said:
    Must have used "link sharing" (which is a snapshot of the live doc) rather than share with view only permissions which would show live updates. If you refresh the screen, a new "snaphot" would be created.
    So what is the actual button or process they need to use so that we can watch each other model in real time? The instructions from an earlier response don't work.
  • glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    You need to use a share with the specific user or group is what Neil is talking about.