Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sheetmetal Pressing Notch for Brake Press

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
edited November 2017 in Community Support
Any idea's how to easily add a notch along edges at the center of a sheet metal fold to guide the operator?

I could add on the dxf, post-export but i should be able to do it in Onshape
Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Best Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    @bryan_lagrange yes, that's where we need a un-bend - bend feature or the ability to sketch and extrude cut on the flat pattern, or I wonder how hard it is to write a sheet metal FS to add them to a selected edge similar to the corner tool?

Looks like I heading to AutoCAD to get this one out.   

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    @bryan_lagrange yes, that's where we need a un-bend - bend feature or the ability to sketch and extrude cut on the flat pattern, or I wonder how hard it is to write a sheet metal FS to add them to a selected edge similar to the corner tool?

Looks like I heading to AutoCAD to get this one out.