Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"measure" tool

123_456660123_456660 Member Posts: 31 EDU
edited December 2017 in Community Support
I often need to take a measurement from a model, either from one point on part a to another on part a, or from a point of part a to a point on part b. It is a huge pain to have to, each time I want to measure something, have to create a sketch, sometimes even create angled planes, and then *use* both outlines, and create a sketch dimension from 2 points to measure it, then just delete the sketch after i got my measurement.

It would be great If there was a "measurement" tool in the top bar(the one with sketch, extrude, and fillet buttons) Where you could choose any 2 points, or a circle(to measure diameter), arc, line, etc. and it would tell you the distance between them.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Hi @123_456660

Have a look in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, you'll be pleasantly surprised I hope ;)

Here is a link to the help file relating to it:-
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/#measure-ps.htm?Highlight=measure

At the risk of sounding like a **** I erm, typed "measure" into the help box  ;)

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I am wondering if the OP was wanting the same tool in the sketching environment.
  • 123_456660123_456660 Member Posts: 31 EDU
    haha. thanks! I should have done more research before posting!
    Face With Tears of Joy on Apple iOS 112