Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I create a full size drawing?

cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
I have a large part and need a full size drawing so I can print it out on a large printer. I created a dwt file in DraftSight using my dimensions (36" X 60" for this part). I created a new document, imported the dwt file. Then I used the new template in my part to create a drawing, but the drawing size is not correct.

In DraftSight I used the Drawing Boundary settings which is how their documentation says to do it.

Answers

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @cory_isaacson  Would you mind using the feedback tool and attaching your DWT file to that ticket that get's created?  I would be happy to take a look.  I can also generate a ticket for you, but it's helpful to you if you know how to use the feedback tool.  Let me know.
  • michael_mcewenmichael_mcewen OS Professional Posts: 77 PRO
    Any solutions to this question?  I, too have a need to print out a full size drawing.  Very simple 52" ring with angle divisions, but cannot be scaled.  Needs to be actual size.  Is there such a template?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    @michael_mcewen yes you can now create our own custom drawing template sizes. You will probably struggle more trying to get your printer not to scale the output. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Hi Neil,  I figured out how to customize the template for 1:1 at 60" x 60".  I'm sending the file to Kinkos to print out on their oversize printer.  Do you have any tips for controlling the printer?  Thanks,  -M
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    It all depends on the printer drivers and if it is adding margins etc. Hopefully Kinkos will already have this sussed. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    I hear you.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks again,

Michael
    Hi Neil, Yeah, the printer shrunk my sketch.  Aargh! Is is possible to go in and modify a custom template on an existing drawing (I want to change it from  60" x 60" to 59.75" x 59.75") or do I need to start over and create a new custom template?
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi Neil, Yeah, the printer shrunk my sketch.  Aargh! Is is possible to go in and modify a custom template on an existing drawing (I want to change it from  60" x 60" to 59.75" x 59.75") or do I need to start over and create a new custom template?
    Hi michael_mcewen,

You should be able to change the sheet size in the sheet properties.  While on the sheet, RMB on the canvas and choose 'Sheet properties...'  From here, you can set the template to be a custom size and enter the values you need.

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
    Hi Jake,

Awesome!  Thanks for your suggestion.

Michael