Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Insert parts into drawings.

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
In addition to my previous post, I have been trying for a few hours now  to insert parts which have been modelled top down into a drawing in the correct orientation for  dimensioning. However they are in the 3D position as per the model.  Maybe I am missing something that is obvious to other users .I am sure someway this will be possible either in the drawing, or by some input to the part studio, or some other way, but up to now am unable to find it. If anyone can help please it will be very much appreciated and I will be able to move on.  Best regards Brian.

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Create a Named View in the Part Studio (view menu under the view cube) then use that in the Drawing. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    You can also rotate a view.

Right click on it, select properties.

There should be a "Rotation" variable that you could change.

Note that this doesn't work if you have already made a projected view.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Many thanks, Now able to move on. (Still a lot to learn but getting a little further each day) 
    Brian.